As a Miami native, Bob Martin has spent most of his life on the water. He started scuba diving when he was 13 and began fishing before that. He became interested in the construction of boats after spending time around the shop of renowned boat racer Mike Gordon. After developing a friendship with the boat racer, Bob eventually became General Manager of Mike Gordon’s restaurant chain.
During high school and college, Bob would work summer jobs that had anything to do with boating. I worked a commercial boat one summer called the Bandit. That was before Bayside was built. A lot of the charter boat captains would sell their fish at the docks. It wasn’t a bad way to spend the summer… in shorts, a T-shirt, always a nice breeze blowing through and if it got too hot you would just dive over the side. Other summers I picked up work at the Tamiami Shipyard, which is now called Glass Tech.
Having owned and enjoyed boats most of his life, Bob decided to make a change and make yacht sales his career. Fortunately for me, I was given an opportunity by George Jousma and Scott French of Richard Bertram Yachts Inc. Through a program that they had instituted called the Richard Bertram University, I, along with Bill Shewbridge, were the first brokers put through this program. I sold over $2.5 million worth of new Bertram’s my first year with the company and three brokerage boats totaling over $1 million. I enjoy the work and I am available seven days a week to my clients because I enjoy it. You can call me anytime and know that you will get the service you deserve.
- Over 20 years of experience with Allied Marine, starting in 1995 with numerous sales achievement awards from Allied Marine as well as their manufacturers.
- Well versed in negotiation, survey-inspection requirements, tax issues and closing of new and brokerage yachts in United States and international waters.
- Vast array of longtime resources to service and manage customers and their yachts resulting in short down-time and honest, efficient approach.
- Shipyard experience to assist in repair, retro-fit, etc.
- Knowledge of European yards gained through numerous visits over the years, most recently all of the Ferretti Group shipyards throughout Italy including CRN and recent surveys on yachts in the 50 meter range in Genoa and Viareggio.
- Participant in all major boat shows including Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Palm Beach, Genoa, Cannes, Monaco, Newport, Norwalk and Annapolis totaling well over 55 shows attended.
- Specialized knowledge of the European market including Italian, Dutch, Turkish and English builders.
- Sale, delivery and service of over 150 new and pre owned yachts.
- After sale shipment and service to all parts of United States and including: California, Michigan, Texas, New York, Virginia, Massachusetts
- International sales and shipping to all parts of the globe including Panama, Mexico, Columbia, Italy, Canada, Ukraine, Russia, Nigeria and Greece.