Entering the yacht from the port or starboard boarding gates, you walk forward to the Pilot House, accessed from either side through exterior solid sliding doors with bi-fold screen doors on the interior.
Proceeding aft from the pilot house, you pass the day head and enter the spacious main salon furnished with a large, leather sofa and occasional chair with cocktail table on the port side and an entertainment cabinet with TV on a hide-away lift to starboard. The aft bulkhead features an oversized window and a door on the starboard side which leads to the equally large, enclosed, air-conditioned aft deck with large built-in sofa all the way aft and 4 chairs and a love seat surrounding a teak table. The wide swim platform is accessed by a broad straight staircase on the starboard side.
Returning to the full beam pilot house, a large built-in navigation table on the aft bulkhead is served by a 3-axis adjustable Captain’s chair on rails so that it can face forward to serve the control console. The pilothouse is paneled in teak with plenty of built-in drawers and chart storage. Forward is the full galley, the entrance to the crew’s quarters, and the elegant formal dining salon for six which provides ample drawer storage for China and cutlery.
The Flybridge is accessed by a staircase in the pilothouse on the starboard side. The Flybridge helm has complete steering with full controls and navigational equipment, two helm chairs with a bench seat, a mast in the center, then a wet bar and Jenn-Air grill. This is all surrounded by an exceptionally large u-shaped seating area extending down the port side and across the entire beam. Behind this seating is the davit and tender.
AQUILA JOVIS sleeps 6 owners/guests in three separate staterooms, each with its own private head and shower. The full beam master stateroom is all the way aft and features a king-size, forward-facing berth on the center line. A large head and stall shower is forward on the starboard side along with twin sinks. Two guest staterooms are forward, one with a queen berth and the other twin berths, each with ensuite heads & shower. Forward of the master, a companionway with a linen closet and concealed Miele washer and dryer connects to the guest staterooms. The crew's quarters are all the way forward in the yacht and include a private Captain’s berth, two crew berths, and one head and shower.
The Pilothouse is amidship and raised just above the main deck for better visibility. There are two side doors with bi-fold screens that lead to the full walk around teak side decks. The wood paneling is teak and features overhead flush mount electronics as well as the larger electronics mounted to the helm surface. Highlights include full engine gauges, single-lever Micro-Commander controls for the engines, a large classic teak and stainless-steel ship’s wheel, bow thruster control, and a jog steering control. The front windows have three large wipers for visibility. A new exterior windshield cover provides protection when in port.
Flybridge & Boat Deck
The Flybridge is accessed from the pilothouse on the starboard side via a staircase. The Flybridge helm is fully equipped to manage the yacht with all navigation equipment and controls. In the center of the bridge is the radar and electronics mast which is hinged and can be lowered if required for clearance. Forward of the masts are two helm chairs and port and starboard bench seats with storage. Starboard of the mast is a built-in cabinet that houses a top-accessed Jennaire grill with sink and water, and plenty of storage. Further aft is a large U-shaped seating area which has abundant storage beneath. The boat deck is aft and features a low-profile Marquip davit, chocks, and a hard bottom Nautica inflatable dinghy with 50 hp Honda outboard.
Vessel is equipped with port and starboard wing control stations, including joystick rudder controls, bow thruster joysticks, throttles (2017) and emergency engine shut offs.
Deck & Hull Equipment:
- Ultrasound bottom April 2012
- Teak decks
- Swim platform
- Ideal stern windlass
- Access to lazarette through watertight door on swim platform
- Teak and stainless-steel hand railings
- Ideal H7J Hydraulic anchor windlass (4000 lbs. capacity)
- 220 lb. Forsfjord anchor & thru deck hawse
- Anchor chain wash system
- Boson’s lockers port & starboard side
- Navigation lights
- 9 step Marquip Tide Ride boarding ladder with teak rails
- Bimini top and aft sunshade
- Two helm chairs, FB
- Radar mast
- Low profile Nautical Structures 3000 lb. davit & chocks
- 15’ Nautica Widebody RIB (retubed 2018) w/50 hp Honda outboard (2016)
- Two Carlisle & Finch search lights
- Kahlenberg air horns
- 80-gallon black water tank
- 50-gallon grey water tank with sump pump
- Windshield wipers and washers
- 8-person life raft (2013)
The aft deck is exceptionally large and outfitted with comfortable classic furnishings, this is the location for relaxation and conversation. Above the elegant teak paneled wainscoting are full length sliding windows port and starboard. Across the stern there is a large, curved built-in seating area below full beam windows. Forward is a massive custom teak gaming table surrounded by a wicker love seat and 4 wicker chairs. All furnishings have recently been refurbished and reupholstered in navy blue Sunbrella fabric. Forward is a large wet bar with a Sub-zero icemaker, Sub-zero refrigerator, sink and liquor storage and a large window to the salon. Wing doors lead to the side decks. Aft, a window-half door combination provides access to a wide, straight, staircase down to the large swim platform with a stern windlass and assess to the lazarette through a watertight door. While the wrap around windows can be opened to let in the sea air, this space fully enclosed and air conditioned.
The main salon is located just aft of the pilot house and has the day head, conveniently located, just forward of the sliding door on the starboard side. The salon has light wallpaper with teak accents which lend to the open feeling and bright interior. Along the starboard side is an entertainment cabinet which conceals the home theater system consisting of a 65” LG OLED TV on an electric lift, a Pioneer Elite receiver with full 5.1 surround sound, and Sony Blue Ray player. Facing the TV is an Italian dark blue leather sofa with dual electric recliners (2018), occasional chair, and cocktail table. The forward side of the salon has a large mirror and cabinet storage. The aft bulkhead is fitted with an oversized window which brightens the salon with natural light and brings the aft deck into the living area. On the aft bulkhead, the staircase to the owner’s staterooms is to port and the door to the aft deck is to starboard.
Master & Guest Staterooms:
Private entrance from the salon to the master & guest staterooms is by way of a staircase on the port side of the salon. The mahogany-paneled master stateroom is located all the way aft and features a large king sized, center-line berth. Behind the berth is a large lighted area featuring a framed painting flanked with hanging sconces. Port holes are fixed on both sides of the hull. Plenty of drawer storage is provided under the berth, as well as ample drawers and hanging lockers on either side of the berth. Starboard is a private head with large stall shower, twin sinks, additional storage, and the A/C controls. On the forward bulkhead is a large Samsung 42” Smart TV with sound bar and subwoofer. In the hallway leading to the two guest staterooms, a convenient closet conceals a Miele washer and dryer. The elegant mahogany paneled VIP stateroom offers a queen berth, private head, and shower, 3 drawer dresser, Samsung 32” Smart TV and Blu-ray player. The mahogany is continued in the second twin berth guest stateroom with a private head and shower, a 10-drawer storage cabinet, hanging locker, a Samsung 32” Smart TV and A/C controls.
- Samsung refrigerator/freezer with ice & water (2018)
- GE Monogram Advantium infra-red/microwave oven
- Maytag 4 burner range
- Frigidaire dishwasher (2019)
- Twin stainless-steel sinks
- Air conditioning
- Blue Corian counter tops
- Large, expandable, formal dining table with 6 chairs
- Mirrored aft bulkhead
- Large opening side windows
- Granite serving alcove forward
- Storage for dishes, cutlery, and glassware concealed behind paneled teak doors
Electronics & Navigation:
- SpaceX Starlink Broadband Internet (2022)
- Amplifi Mesh Wi-Fi Router with forward and aft repeaters (2020)
- Multiple 100 MB switches support wired ethernet to most compartments
- Windows 11 PC in radar rack with Costal Explorer (2018)
- SIMRAD evo2 Marine Processor (2016)
- SIMRAD Pulse Compression Radar, 6' Antenna (2016)
- SIMRAD MO 24” Touchscreen Monitor (Flybridge) (2016)
- Furuno Radar 4’ antenna
- 4 overhead mounted iPads (many nautical apps, serve as evos touch controllers, engine instrument repeaters)
- 2 32” Dell monitors can display PC or SIMRAD evo2
- Large Apple iMac computer at the navigation table
- Rose Point NMEA 2000/0183 Gateway
- NK2 ethernet/NMEA Gateway, NK2 software on PC and iPads
- 2 ICOM M-100 VHFs
- Raytheon Hailer 410
- Glendinning synchronizer
- Data marine CD 400 digital depth
- Robertson AP 45 auto pilot
- Micro-commander controls
- Naiad stabilizers
- 80 HP Hydraulic Bow thruster
- Wagner power steering
- VDO rudder angle indicator
- VDO RPM indicator
- VDO clock
- 2 Carlisle & Finch spotlights
- SIMRAD MO 24” Touchscreen Monitor (2016)
- Bow thruster control
- Data marine depth
- VDO Rudder angle indicator
- Full gauges
- ICOM VHF radio
- Crestron Adagio 6 zone audio entertainment system (main salon)
- 65” LG OLED TV on hideaway lift (main salon)
- Pioneer Elite Home Theater w 5.1 speakers & Airplay (main salon)
- 42” Samsung Smart TV with Soundbar and Subwoofer w Apple TV (master stateroom)
- 4 additional 32” Samsung Smart TVs (throughout)
Engines & Mechanical Equipment:
The engine room is full beam and is located just behind the crew's quarters from where it is entered via a watertight door. The main engines and generators, as well as all the machinery, are in the engine room and are easily accessed due to the well laid out design.
- Twin Cummins V-12 500 hp diesels, naturally aspirated.
- Ingersoll Rand air starters for main engines
- Engine Hours: Estimated less than 4000 SMO
- 12 knots @ 1800 rpm’s = 29 gph
- AC system Cruisair 8 zones, direct expansion
- SMX AC controls, 11 Cruisair compressors
- Vosper 80 hp hydraulic bow thruster
- Naiad 302 stabilizers
- Automatic CO2 fire system
- Fresh water engine cooling
- Raw water sea strainers
- Hynautic hydraulic steering w/dual pumps
- Dual Freshwater pumps, 110V AC
- Fresh water in engine room, faucet
- Holding tank, 80 gallons
- Micro Commander engine controls
- Engine gauges at both helms: temperature, fire, bilge level alarms
- Kahlenberg 2 hp air compressor
- Dayton hp air compressor
- Dayton fuel transfer pump
- Acoustical & thermal insulation
- Dual Carlisle & Finch search lights
- 3 water heaters
- Bilge Blowers (2)
- Emergency engine stops
- Racor fuel filters main engines & generators total 10 filters
- Engine fuel shut offs
- Automatic bilge pumps (2)
- Emergency bilge Pump
- Glendenning synchronizers
- Automatic fire control, Kiddie
- VDO engine gauges & instruments
- Refrigerator/Freezer in crews’ quarters, Sub Zero
- Wagner jog steering
- Saniflo Sani MARIN 48 Electric Marine Toilets, 1 (2017) 4 (2022)
- (2) 30 KVA Perkins 436 diesel w Onan electrical (new Muffler/exhaust systems) – 2022)
- 12/24 Volt DC system
- 110/220 AC system, 100-amp service
- 2 auto voltage regulators on generators
- 55 AMP alternators on generators
- 4 Generator start batteries
- Separate captain cabin w/single berth
- Over/under berths forward
- 1 head & shower
- U-shaped dinette
- Samsung 32” Smart TV with Apple TV and sound system
- Second Samsung 32” Smart TV in forward crew area
- Sub Zero refrigerator/freezer
- GE microwave
- Emergency exit to foredeck via hatch and ladder
Construction & Tankage:
- AQUILA JOVIS is constructed of Aluminum and has teak decks.
- Fuel: 5,040 US gallons in 4 centerline hull-integrated tanks
- Water: 900 US gallons in centerline hull-integrated tank (inspected and cleaned by Protank of Ft Lauderdale, 2018)
- Holding tank: 80 gallons
The exclusions are the owners’ personal effects, artwork, clothing, tools, dive equipment, galley utensils, and some handheld electronics.
I brokered this vessel in 2013 to the current owners, who lived aboard until recently. He is a tech entrepreneur and former Naval Aviator and lifelong boater; she is a retired RN. They homeported in Baltimore and cruised the Chesapeake for several years before returning to Jupiter, Florida in 2016. Through these years the vessel has undergone a continuous process of restoration and upgrades. New exterior Awlgrip paint and brightwork was completed in 2020.
Work is still underway with refresh of the galley and crew quarters in progress. Considerable work may be required by the new owner including air conditioning systems and window resetting, exterior teak deck restoration, and new carpets/soft goods.
She is currently berthed in Stuart, Florida adjacent to our offices, fuel tanks are nearly topped off.
AQUILA JOVIS is an exceptional example of an exceptional class of yachts. For a small fraction of the cost of a new 80’+ yacht she can be purchased and restored to Bristol condition and ready for her next 50 years of voyaging. She will take her new owners to places today’s new boats cannot reach, in safety and comfort they cannot match, and in an elegant style that (unfortunately) no longer exists anywhere else.