The cockpit of any great fishing vessel is where all the action is and that is very true on LIMITED EDITION. Her teak clad cockpit is easy on the feet and easy on the eyes. A built in molded tackle center complete with freezer, sink, storage and bait prep area lies along the starboard forward section of the cockpit. A center line engine room hinged hatch provides easy access to the Engine Room. Facing aft, one finds the ultimate fighting chair, a fully equipped Murray with foot-rest, set in the center of the cockpit. There are 2 in-deck storage boxes and a centerline deck hatch provides great access to the steering gear and storage area. The teak covering boards, transom door, and fresh water shower and salt water wash down complete the cockpit area. Up 1 step, one enters the main salon or take the ladder to the bridge deck and on up the full sized Tuna Tower to the buggy top. Full rocket launcher, numerous rod holders on the tower legs , 37' Lee outriggers (new) and a center rigger will make sure that you can get enough lines in the water for everyone on board to take part in the action.
- Murray Brothers fighting chair
- Tuna Tower (2009)
- Vitrifrigo freezer (2009)
- 37' Lee Outriggers
- Teak decking & teak covering boards
- Rocket launcher
- Bait prep center & sink
- Live bait well
- 7 rod holders in cockpit coaming
- Magma stainless steel barbeque
- Abundant storage for tackle
- Fresh water shower
- Salt water wash down
- Transom door
The main salon was completely gutted and redesigned in 2009. An L-settee is located to starboard with storage below. A second settee is located opposite along the port side. The windows are new (2009) and there are custom window treatments The beautifully matched teak is warm and adds to the overall impression of luxury on this fish killing machine.
The galley of LIMITED EDITION was completely redesigned to allow for quick meals on the go or more extensive dining after fishing. Below counter freezer and fridge (Vitrifrigo) , stainless steel sink located outboard on the port side, Ice maker, 2 burner glass cook top (Jenson), a microwave/convection oven and abundant storage will allow your cook to be creative with your day's catch. The custom Silestone counter is resistant to stain, acid, scratching damage, and is also antibacterial. It is perfect for a fish boat that catches lots of fish. There are two custom built teak stools for breakfast or a quick snack. To starboard is a small table with seating for 4 people. The new entertainment center complete with DVD, CD, TV and Apple Mini Mac is located to starboard as well
- L shaped settee with storage starboard
- Straight settee with storage portside
- Custom carpet and blinds
- New headliner for entire vessel
- New windows (2009)
- Teak walls
- Upgraded lighting
- Vitrifrigo refrigerator and freezer located below counter
- Silestone counter with 2 bar stools Stainless steel sink
- U-Line ice maker
- 2 burner Jensen cooktop
- GE Microwave/convection oven
- 4 person dinette to starboard
- Epoxy sealed teak and holly sole in galley
- 32" Samsung LCD TV
- DVD player
- CD player
- Apple Mini Mac Computer
Down the companionway, one finds 2 staterooms and 2 heads. The guest stateroom is located to port and features over/under twin berths, hanging locker and good storage. The access to the private head is across the hallway from the stateroom. The head has a 12V Galley Maid marine toilet, separate shower stall, glass vessel sink and good storage.
There is a Splendide 2000S washer/ dryer combo fitted into the companionway (2009)on the starboard side opposite the electrical panel. The central vacuum system is located under the companionway stairs.
Continuing forward one finds the master suite with an island queen berth, double mirrored hanging lockers, an opening deck hatch and a en-suite head. There is a TV, DVD, and CD as well as private AC controls. The master head has a large private shower stall, glass vessel sink, great storage and a 12v Galley Maid toilet. The ultra modern glass sink really does add a touch of elegance. The custom wall coverings combined with the Silestone counters is a designer look. With her layout LIMITED EDITION provides privacy and comfort for all on board.
- Silestone head counters (both heads)
- Separate shower stalls (both heads)
- 12v Galley Maid heads
- Glass Vessel sinks (both heads)
- Teak and Holly head soles
- AC controls master, guest and main salon
- Carpet in master and guest staterooms
- Custom bedding for all berths
- Master stateroom has Sharp LCD TV 20" with DVD and CD players
- Overhead hatch in master stateroom.
- Splendide washer/dryer
- Central vacuum system
Mechanical and Electrical Equipment
LIMITED EDITION received, new in 2009, Scania D116 43M engines which were designed for a semi professional installation. They are 8 cylinder turbo charged work horses.
The marine engines from Scania are based on a robust design with a strength optimized cylinder block containing wet cylinder liners that can easiliy be exchanged. Individual cylinder heads with 4 valves per cylinder promote repairability and fuel economy. The engines are type approved in all major classification societies.
The engine is equipped with a Scania developed Engine Management System, EMS, in order to ensure the control of all aspects related to engine performance. The injection system is based on electronically controlled unit injectors that give low exhaust emissions with good fuel economy and a high torque all ready at low revs.
To give you an idea of LIMITED EDITION'S fuel consumption, she burns 52 gallons/ hour at 21 knots at 1850 rpm
The Scania D116 43M's are coupled to new Twin DiscMGX-5114 quick shift transmissions with a 1.75:1 ratio. Completing the drive system, there are new (2009) Aquamet 2 1/4" shafts with new PSS dripless shaft seals. The wheels are 5 bladed Nibral (29" x 35") new, 2009.
- Twin Scania D116 43M engines (2009)
- Twin Disc Transmissions (2009)
- Aquamet S.S, 2 1/4" shafts (2009) 14'
- Nibral 5 blade props (29" x 35") (2009) Hung Shen
- Double Racors
- Oil Transfer system
- 2 Crash Valves on engine water intakes
- 3 Automatic and manual bilge pumps
- FM 200 Fire suppression system
- Air compressor for twin air horns
The generator was removed and replaced in 2009 with a Westerbeke 12.5 kw.
This generator is lightweight, safe, dependable, and economical to run. Designed to operate at a quiet 1800 RPM, this genset offers 4 cylinder 4 cycle smoothness usually found on much larger boats. At full capacity it burns 1.4 GPH
The engine room also received all new:
- Specific thru hulls(bronze)
- 3 x Cruise Air compressors (2009) overhauled
- Water Maker Echo Tech 115v 21 GPH
- 12.5 kw Westerbeke Generator with sound shield
- Dedicated Racor filter
- 3000w Inverter/140 amps charger (Xantrex 2009)
- 80 amp Battery for genset
- 2 x 230 amp batteries for house service
- 4 x 240 amp AGM batteries for engine 24v service
- Xantrex Inverter/charger 140 amps
- Sentry 12v 60 amp charger
- Updated electrical panel
- 115/230V 60 amps for service
- 12V for lighting
- 24V for engines
- 3 Underwater Lights
- 12v 20w Halogen lighting
- 50 amp Power Cord
- Glendenning Electrical cord retriever
- Bennett Trim tabs
Hull and Deck
A newly painted LIMITED EDITION sports Awlgrip 2000 Ice Blue on the hull, and Stark White on the superstructure. (2009) With her Carolina heritage and that phenomenal bow flare, she is an head turner no matter where she is. Her teak cockpit and covering boards are truly classic touches.
The full Tuna tower was replaced in (2009) All cushions of the fly bridge deck as well as the buggy top are white and were replaced in (2009)
Her bridge level has a custom Teak Control Pod, abundant seating and 2 helmseats.
- Tuna Tower
- Rocket launcher
- Lee 37' outriggers
- Center rigger
- 2 Helm seats
- Custom highly varnished control pod
- Twin Disc electronic controls on bridge as well as the buggy top
- 8 Man Offshore Viking life raft
- Fore deck rails
- LOFRAN 12V 1000W windlass
- Fortress anchor with 70' 8mm stainless chain and 250' rode
- 1 safety or lunch hook with chain and 330' rode
- Twin Air horns
During LIMITED EDITION'S refit in 2009, the bottom was sanded, Epoxy coated and then bottom painted with an Airless anti fouling paint job.
TOURNAMENTS WITH LIMITED EDITION
- Scania engine gauges
- EPIRB Kanad 406 PRO
- Furuno Color 650w sounder
- Simrad AP22 autopilot (bridge and tower)
- Apple Mini Mac computer
- 32" Samsung & 20" Sharp LCD TV's
- 2 x DVD
- 3 (master, salon, bridge) CD's
- Stereo system in salon, cockpit and master
- VHF: 4 with 9Db 17' antennas 2 on bridge, 1 in tower, 1 in main salon
- Furuno Nav Net GPS (bridge)
- Furuno DF1850 B (tower)
- Furuno 42 mi. radar
As you will see below, LIMITED EDITION catches fish and that is what Buddy Davis built her to do. Of course having the same Captain, the world famous Yves Pelisson since 2005 has helped her to gain such a revered position in the world of sport fishing. He oversaw the total refit in Miami (2009) as well as the daily maintenance. There are no question that this Captain cannot answer about LIMITED EDITION
- 2005 St Martin Billfish Tournament: 1st place overall
- 2006 St Martin Billfish Tournament: 1st place overall
- 2007 Fishing Event St Maarten: 1st place Master's (angler: Peter B. Wright)
- 2008 Fishing Event St Maarten: 1st place Master's (angler: Peter B. Wright)
- 2011 International Martinique Billfish Tournament: 1st place overall
- 2012 International Martinique Billfish Tournament: 1st place overall
- 2013 Offshore World Championship, Quepos, Costa-Rica.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Allied Marine is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Rick Obey & Associates.