Full walkaround model with entry from either side of pilothouse, or into the salon from starboard side or through the Dutch door from the aft deck. Forward of the salon is the galley. Up three stairs to starboard is the pilothouse. Down from the galley is the companionway leading to the office to starboard, day/guest head, and forward to VIP suite. On the port side is an additional guest cabin. The master stateroom and head are aft. The utility and engine rooms are abaft the master stateroom and can be entered either from the master stateroom, a staircase at the aft end of salon, or from the aft deck hatch. While one expects the safety features of a Cape Horn Trawler, this ship substantiates its standing as an exquisite luxury yacht. Throughout the yacht the light maple interior with the trademark inlaid banding, large panoramic windows and customized lighting enhance the brightness. Luxury and function coordinate in all areas from the lead sound-deadening underlay beneath all carpeting or the solid maple doors encapsulating the watertight doors. Steel Oasis exemplifies what live-aboard cruising should be: comfort, amenities, refinery, and confidence in the yacht's safety and sea keeping ability anywhere in the world.
Voluminous, inviting, comfortable, bright, and tastefully decorated. To starboard is a large settee and dining area. The custom made cocktail/dining table is not the standard hi-lo, but has sliding mechanisms that allow for the table to glide inward/outward as well as up and down. Across is an enclosed entertainment area that includes Toshiba audio and video equipment with Bose sound system. Italian tile entry aft.
The galley is separated from the salon by a breakfast bar and 3 fixed bar stools. All countertops are Corian with Italian tiling used for the backsplashes and galley sole is Italian tile. Abundant storage in drawers, cabinets, pantries, and underneath dinette seating. This is a gourmet galley with lots of appliances and gadgets and places to use and stow them. Asko clothes dryer; Asko clothes washer.
- Miele full size stainless steel dishwasher
- (2) SubZero freezers with separate 2 drawer deep freeze, (4 total)
- SubZero refrigerator
- Amana ceramic 4 burner stove
- GE Sensor Convection microwave oven
- Garbage disposal
- KitchenAid trash compactor
- Aqua-Pure Reverse Osmosis drinking water system (2014)
A well thought-out state of the art pilothouse for this transoceanic ship. The electronics are of the highest caliber, many redundancies including 2 radars, 2 separate Garmin systems, 4 GPSs, 3 chart plotters, 2 depth sounders, 2 gyro compasses, 2 autopilots (with rams and octopus continuous running pumps) and more. Comfort features include a Stidd 1200-C double helm seat with armrests and seatbelts. Aft of the helm seat is a long and comfortable settee with a raised pilot berth above. A remote steering box can be taken to vessel's port or starboard for steering or docking and includes a Thrustmaster joystick for forward/reverse and speed and a Thrustmaster joystick for prop direction with prop angle display indicator and a bow thruster control. Safety features include 1/2" bolt-in glass recently tinted, heated windows, two watertight sliding Freeman doors, and more.
- 72 mi Furuno radar 25kW
- 12 Furuno speed and distance log
- ICOM 802 SSB radio, PACTOR IIIModem
- (2) ICOM 602 VHF radios
- KVH SAT Telephone
- Garmin 3210 & 3206 GPS NAV w/ 36mi radar & depth sounder
- Wheel steering
- Video plotter
- Antennas all Shakespeare or KVH
- Datamarine wind speed indicator
- Computer with electronic Nobletec charts w/built-in display
- Chart library discs and paper
- Chart table w/ 8 easy glide large chart drawers
- Raymarine depth sounder & wind indicator
- Furuno GPSs and Garmin handheld Robertson R135 Autopilot
- Rudder position indicator
- KVH gyrocompass w/ card compass display
- KVH sailcomp backup computer system
The office has desk, storage cabinets, and full supply of boat manuals.
Safe, spacious,luxurious, and beautiful. The master stateroom has a watertight doors at the entry to the forward companionway. A fire door is aft connecting to the utility room.This spacious stateroom is larger than seems possible to fit on this size yacht. The walkaround king size bed is centerline. Humongous stowage includes 4 sets of double hanging lockers, 2 full built-in dressers of 5 over-sized drawers. Two nightstands with 3 drawers each, additional lockers and plentiful bookshelves. Large ensuite head.
- Entertainment center
- Digital satellite system
- Stereo system
- CD player
- AM/FM tuner
Large ensuite master head with full stand-up shower. Complete new head system installed 2014 includes Dometic 8700 Masterflush toilet, Sealand macerator, and all new hoses and discharge pumps.
The forward guest stateroom can be easily mistaken for the master: queen size walkaround bunk, numerous full size hanging lockers, abundant stowage, drawers, television, VCR, and bookshelves.
This guest cabin has two twin size pullman bunks. It has hanging lockers and stowage and serves as a very comfortable guest cabin. Its versatility allows for an exercise room or additional office.
Guests using this as a day head from the companionway entry may mistake it for the master head. There is a second door which leads to the VIP stateroom. Full stand-up shower. Complete new head system installed 2014 includes Dometic 8700 Masterflush toilet, Sealand macerator, and all new hoses and discharge pumps.
Head room is 7'4". Main engine is Volvo 400HP Heavy Duty, Commercial rating. The Thrustmaster 300 HP Z-Drive is a $120,000 upgrade. All tank gauges and alarms are Ultra Switch with LED readout in wheelhouse. Lexan windows and sight gauges on tanks. All ball valves, sea cocks, and components for the entire yacht are 316 stainless steel. Full sets of spares, emergency manual tiller, and complete tool chest. Fuel filtration/polishing system to less than 1 micron. All equipment is easily accessed and convenient for servicing. No detail nor expense was overlooked in the design and outfit of the engine and utility rooms. Unbelievable spare parts inventory including Trace 1800W inverter, complete set of new hydraulic hoses, plus numerous pumps, gaskets, etc. 1200 gallons fuel currently onboard.
- 9 sq. ft Wesmar stabilizers w/ engine driv. 5hp hydr pump
- 400 gal/day Sea Recovery Aqua Whisper watermaker
- 38 HP Naiad hydraulic bow thruster
- MarineAir 3 ton+2 ton split reverse cycle chilled water air conditioner, new 8/15
- 6 air handlers
- Oil pressure alarm
- (2) Push-pull cables engine controls wheelhouse & engine room
- Emergency engine stop
- Kidde FM200 fire control system w/ auto shutdown
- Fuel shut-off valve
- Keel: 2" fresh water cooling system integral to hull, both sides, boat length
- Bilge pump
- Pre-Lubers oil change unit
- 3 hydraulic pumps: stabilizers, windlass and bow thruster, Thrustmaster
- Workbench with s/s sink in utility room
- Water filtration system
- Stainless steel holding tank
- Hehr Powerline w/ volt reg alternator pulley harness Fume alarm
- DeltaT air induction system High water alarm
- Engine temperature alarm
- Water temperature alarm
- Fire alarm
- Bilge Alarm
- Smoke alarm
Smoke detector system, pyrometer, infra-red thermometer, remote for Trace inverter, delegated inverter for refrig/freezer, night lites have approx. 110 linear ft for stairs, wheelhouse, and galley.
- (3) Trace inverters: 2.5kW, 2.5kW & 1.8kW
- Xantrex 1.8kW inverter
- Charles Marine Isolation Transformer
- Engines and house battery condition gauge
- 15kW Westerbeke generator, 2014 model (600hrs)
- 10kW Fisher Panda generator (995hrs)
- 15kW Northern Lights generator (6800hrs)
- Glendenning Cablemaster dockside electrical cable
- Auto genset starting
- C-Charger 5000 Series battery charger
- Voltage meter
Main deck covering is MarineDeck 2000. Portuguese bridge has 8 storage lockers. High bulwarks and 316 Klacko rails, Duramax commercial rubrails.
- 750 lb Atkins & Hoyle davit
- 1500lb Marquit davit
- 15' Novurania w/50 hp Yamaha
- V6000 Simpson Lawrence windlass
- Capstan w/ 1/2" chain 400 ft Hi-test Acco chain 5400#lb working load
- Delta, Fortress, Fluke anchors 140, 125
- (5) 2 speed heavy duty Exalto windshield washers and wipers
- Windshield heated window
- Freeman windows tempered glass
- Stainless Steel BBQ grill
- (3) Boarding gates
- Boarding ladder
- Transom door
- Swim platform
- Wash down system fresh water
- EPIRB (2014)
- Sea anchor, drogue
Upgraded fairing to luxury yacht standards. Paint: Cathacoat 302 Inorganic zinc primer, Bar Rust 235 Epoxy, grey and offwhite with final coat of blue on hull to shear. Below water line: 3 coats Ablative Antifouling. Above water line: Amercoat 450 HS Aliphatic Urethane. Non Skid: Amercoat 385 ASA. Complete paint new 2014.
In addition to upgrades specifically mentioned in the listing, this yacht was prepared for excursion voyaging and includes the following:
- Hydraulic stern thruster added
- (2) Dometic marine 11 gal hot water heaters
- (2) Scottman Ice Makers with storage bins, including Evepure filtration system; 100lb/day
- Renewed gray water system including Sealand macerator & discharge pumps, float switches, and hoses
- New LED lighting in entire yacht including: running lights, wireless remote spot light, deck lighting, salon, pilothouse, staterooms, and bilge lighting
- Asko full size marine washer
- Asko full size marine dryer
- Skyvue 42" outdoor TV
- (4) Delta T centrifugal blowers
- Kiddie FW950/200 engine room fire system and bridge control
- (4) Smoke & C02 detectors
- ACR Epirb w/ hydrostatic release
- Revere life raft, 6 man in canister, w/ hydrostatic release
- UV protective window coating in pilothouse & salon
- Simulated teak and holly sole in salon
- (4) New navigation lights
- (5) New wiper arms & blades
- New electric horn
- New antenna for Garmin AIS system and overlay interface with Nobletec charts used on the ASUS computer system
- Activated Garmin Sirius marine weather module with overlay on the Garmin
- Drained, flushed, and replenished main engine's closed keel cooling system with new Volvo glycol coolant
- New tender cover for the 14' Novurania
- New handheld and aerial flares
- New Racor genset fuel filter
- New large sea strainer bowl and stainless steel basket
- (10) new double-braided 1" lines
- (4) New Freedom Fenders and two (2) new large inflatable rubber fenders
- Re-bedding and gluing of the exterior marine decking
- Anchor windless rebuilt to allow free fall of anchor
- New hull zincs and fresh bottom paint
- New 50hp outboard engine for tender
- 12/16 Wesmar hydraulic stabilizers rebuilt with new helm electronics
This Cape Horn 63 presents a buying opportunity for anyone familiar with Cape Horn Trawlers. Not mentioned in this listing are the standard Cape Horn safety features and redundancies such as bulbous bow, double hulled bottom, and self righting capabilities; meets or exceeds ABS commercial standards. The actual cost to duplicate this vessel is well over $3,000,000. In excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition and luxuriously outfitted, she is ready for circumnavigation in comfort and confidence.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Allied Marine is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Denison Yachting.