2017 Cobalt Boats A40
Luxury never felt so exhilarating. Here comes the A40.
A sport yacht whose looks are just as striking sitting idle as they are blasting across the open sea. A day boat that has all the power and agility for a jam-packed day on the water and an evening cruiser that has all the comfort and luxury for those overnight adventures.
Her first impression: iconic. At first glance, it is easy to mistake this magnificent watercraft as an import. But what is revealed underneath makes her a Cobalt. Her refined styling reveals a boat constructed with detail, by the hands of experienced craftsmen, fifty years in the making.
Her performance: perfection. Let us describe the feeling from her throttle. At the helm, bolts of power are felt from her twin dual propeller stern drives. Features such as the reverse chines and extended running surface both help the boat achieve lift and pinpoint handling. And the automatic trim tabs make even a novice captain seem like a salty veteran.
Her features: jaw-dropping. The hydraulic swim platform lowers down one foot below the waterline with the press of a button. A beach of a sun pad sits centered atop the engine compartment with matching backrests that flip forward and aft, so you can have a traditional forward-facing transom bench in the cockpit or a rear-facing lounge when the boat’s at rest. Twin 12" multi-function touch screens are seen at the helm featuring navigation charts, real time tide tables, engine functions and optional radar.
Her foundation: luxurious. Heading below deck, one will notice the galley with a real granite counter top and a trendy glass washbowl sink. The whole array is designed more for weekending than long-distance cruising, with a midship cabin that features opposing love seats for viewing the flat screen on the bulkhead. Filler cushions convert it to a berth. The forward dinette also converts to a V-berth with filler cushions. Overhead hatches and hull-side ports provide plenty of natural light.
Day boat or weekender, the A40 can handle it all, with style and class.
Features may include:
Dash and Instrumentation
- Compass, Digital
- Depth & Water/Air Temp Pkg.
- Glass Cockpit, Volvo
- Illuminated Stainless Steel Switches
- Premium Black Leather/SS Steering Wheel
- Remote Helm Battery Switches
- Windshield Wiper, Stbd.
- Aft Walk-Thru Gates
- Bow Rails, Stainless Steel, 10’’
- Direct Bond Edge-Style Windshield
- Fender Clips w/Line (6)
- Foredeck Sunpads w/
- Integrated Lounge Position
- Galley w/Sink & Refrigerator, Cockpit
- Hard Top w/Windscreen Connector
- LED Accent Lighting
- LED Lighting & Dual Spkrs., Hard Top
- Motorbox Actuator, Electric
- Snap-In Carpet, Cockpit
- Stainless Steel Cupholders
- Teak Accent Package
- Transom Storage Lockers
- Air Conditioning/Heating, Cabin
- Cabin Skylights
- Cabinetry, Espresso, Matte Finish
- Dinette Table, Cabin
- Fiberglass Liner w/Sisal Floor Covering
- Galley w/Sink & Refrigerator
- Head w/Sink, Shower & VacuFlush Toilet
- LED Overhead Lighting, Cabin
- Microwave, 110v
- Mid-Berth Filler Cushion
- Panoramic Windows w/Opening Hatch
- Suspended Cabin Headliner