The Hatteras Yacht history began in the challenging waters off of Cape Hatteras in North Carolina in the 1950s. Fisherman and textile manufacturer Willis Slane wanted to fish. He wanted to be able to take a boat out even during treacherous weather. So, as the story goes, after a day on the dock sitting instead of catching, he decided to build a boat to do just that.
After sea trialing a 27-foot fiberglass boat at Cristaliner Corporation in Miami, he had an idea. Slane enlisted the help of his textile associates and naval architect Jack Hargrave to build Knit Wits. That Hatteras 41 Convertible Yacht Fisherman was the first fiberglass boat built over 40 feet in length. And since that first hull in 1959, the company has continued to research, develop, and manufacture very hearty sportfishing yachts and motor yachts on the coast in New Bern, North Carolina.
Allied Marine offers one of the widest selections of new and used Hatteras yachts for sale.
Hatteras Yachts are available in a variety of production and semi-custom models, but most enlist several key features, many of which are innovated by the designers and engineers of Hatteras Yachts. These include:
• Noise and vibration suppression technology including the use of a variety of multi-bladed hybrid propellers (powered with up to eight blades).
• Added efficiency and engine thrust with the use of large shafts and deep gear systems.
• Cavitation reduction with a hull-tunnel air induction system. Hatteras Yachts hold a patent on the technology.
• Diesel fume reduction with a passive underwater exhaust system, Hatteras-patented science that decreases noise on board.
• Efficient ship management with a proprietary Hatteras system called Hatt/CON. Remote and helm control allows for management of navigation, lights, HVAC temperature regulation, cameras, cartography, radar, depth sounders, automatic identification system (AIS), autopilot, hydraulics, power, alarms, and more.
• Strengthened engine mount systems use infused fiberglass stringers and steel backing plates.
• Enhanced performance and increased response from rudders are achieved with innovative hulls - convex, modified V-hulls, double chine, and side step-out designs.
• Increased strength and reduced weight are part of the equation with resin-infused construction for bulkheads and more onboard.
• Hatteras boat electrical systems exceed industry standards from the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC), and National Electrical Code (NEC).
In early 2020, the Hatteras/Cabo Yachts company named board member Gary Smith to the chief executive officer position and named Dave Goodman as the chief financial officer of Hatteras Yachts. In 2013, Hatteras Yachts was bought by Versal Capital Management, which also owns Cabo Yachts. Previously the company was owned by Brunswick Corporation.
Find Your Niche With These New and Used Hatteras Yachts for Sale
• Hatteras M60
The Hatteras M60’s manageable systems make it an option for the yacht owner to run as owner-operator onboard. This 18.57-meter long model’s efficient use of space takes advantage of the
18-foot 2-inch (5.53m) beam for storage and includes a full-beam master suite. With standard Twin Caterpillar C-18A diesel engines, this model exceeds expectations.
• Hatteras M75 Panacera
The Hatteras Panacera line offers an open-concept layout with the proprietary Hatt/CON ship management system.
• Hatteras M90 Panacera
The spacious design of the Hatteras M98 Panacera makes use of the 22.6-foot (6.86 m) beam and adds to the feel of openess with panoramic windows and skylights. Twin Caterpillar C-32A diesel engines and two diesel generators come standard in this model.
• Hatteras 105RPH
The Hatteras 105 is the raised pilothouse option. This 31.7-meter yacht has a beam of nearly 23-feet (6.86m) and a 6-foot 2-inch (1.88m) draft. Standard models come powered with twin Caterpillar C-32A diesel engines and are able to carry 4,660 gallons of fuel.
• Hatteras GT45X Flybridge
The GT45X has a 16-foot 6-inch (5.03m) beam with a 4-foot (1.22m) draft and is powered by twin Caterpillar C-12.9 diesel engines able to carry 800 gallons of fuel. Many upgrade options are available including outriggers, Palm Beach helm control, and an electric grill on the stern.
• Hatteras GT45X Tower
• Hatteras GT45X Open
• Hatteras GT54
• Hatteras GT59
The GT59 offers a smooth ride for the serious sport fisherman.
• Hatteras GT65 Carolina
In a style that brings to mind the original Knit Wits, the Hatteras GT65 Carolina honors the original Carolina boat but with the latest technology available. Space is optimized throughout the yacht’s 20-foot (6.10m) beam. Powered with standard twin Caterpillar C-32A diesel engines, the 1,900-gallon capacity is great for any adventure.
• Hatteras GT70
Serious anglers like the efficiency and performance of the GT70.
Start your search for new and used Hatteras yachts for sale below.