About Pursuit Yachts
In Pursuit of Quality
The legacy of Pursuit Boats began more than 50 years ago and has grown into a respected line of high-quality, luxury offshore fishing boats in the 23- to 43-foot range. As a division of S2 Yachts of Holland, Michigan, Pursuit Boats is proud of its American-made company and products and continues with the family’s third generation of marine design and manufacturing. Pursuit Boats include models in the sport, center console, dual console, and offshore series.
Pursuits are built under the umbrella of Malibu Boats, based in Loudon, Tennessee, a designer and manufacturer of performance sport, sterndrive, and outboard boats in the 20-40 foot range.
The History Behind The Pursuit Brand
The legacy began in the 1940s when Leon Slikkers created Slickcraft boats, 14-foot runabouts, in his home garage. By 1955 he had built a small factory in Holland, Michigan where he manufactured S2 Yachts and sailboats. Over the next decade, the company added fishing boats, S2 Sailboats, Tiara power boats, and Grand Slam performance sailboats.
The Pursuit model was introduced from a new manufacturing plant in Fort Pierce, Florida in 1983 and ten years later, Pursuit fishing boat models had expanded into a diverse line including the 1950 Dual Console, 2150 Dual Console, 2150 Walkaround, 2355 Center Console, 2555 Center Console, 2555 Walkaround, 2855 Express, and the 3100 Express. A focus on Tiara Yachts continues with the Tiara Series, flybridge, convertible, coupe, and Q models which range from 30 to 58 feet and are built in Holland, Michigan.
Pursuit Continues To Grow
The company’s growth continued when Pursuit began factory expansion in 2005. A 250,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility in Fort Pierce, Florida added a lamination building, an engineering building, a test pool, and a mill shop. Soon automated production, lamination lines, coating booths, and a design center were added. The expansion didn’t stop there, a second 182,000 square-foot plant was also built in Ft. Pierce.
In late 2020, Pursuit introduced the company’s largest sport boat, the S 428 outboard center console, which debuted at the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Powered with quad Yamaha 425 XTO engines, the model carries 547 gallons with the ability to cruise up to 31mph at 3500rpm. Space has been optimized and a second row of powered seats are housed under a large hardtop and hull-side doors are installed on both port and starboard.
Considered a ride for the serious angler, there are rod holders, ample storage, three fish boxes, a large fridge, freezer boxes, tackle storage, and bait preparation areas. A custom option includes a second station tower inside the cockpit.
Pursuit Recognized For Excellence
The Pursuit brand, as well as the Slikkers family, continue to receive accolades in the maritime industry. Here are a few of the honors:
- 1992 - Pursuit 2665 Center Console named Boating Magazine’s 1992 Boat of the Year.
- 1996 - Leon Slikkers named Entrepreneur of the Year in manufacturing for the state of Michigan.
- 1997 - Leon Slikkers inducted into the Michigan Boating Hall of Fame.
- 2003-2020 - Pursuit Boats awarded Marine Industry Customer Satisfaction Index Award for excellence in customer satisfaction by The National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA).
- 2005 - Pursuit was recognized by the International Game Fish Association (IGFA) with a win in the manufacturing category, a 2nd place World Record Boat Manufacturer for the most releases in the world from a Pursuit in 2004.
- 2006 - Pursuit recognized for NMMA Innovation Award for the Drummond Sportfish “Anglers Edge” bait preparation center during the Miami International Boat Show.
- 2006 - Pursuit received the Boating Magazine 2006 Boat Of The Year Award for the LS 345 Drummond Runner. And the 2006 Innovation Award in the Fishing Boat Category for the design of the 3480 Drummond Sportfish from the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) and Boating Writers International (BWI) during the 65th Miami International Boat Show. The 3480 features the company’s Angler’s Edge island bait prep station with an aerated 40-gallon live baitwell, refrigerator, a fish preparation area, a built-in cooler, a tackle storage cabinet, a stainless steel sink; and a fold-down aft-facing seat.
- 2018 - The Pursuit DC 365 received the Innovation Award from the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) and Boating Writers International in the Center Console/Walkaround Fishing Boat category. The DC 365 design holds patents for the head door opening on the starboard side and for the transom stringer assembly. The transom design transfers the load of the high horsepower Yamaha outboards through the entire hull structure, not just the transom. These patents are also found in other Pursuit models.
- 2018 - Pursuit Boats received runner-up for Manufacturer of the Year by the South Florida Manufacturing Association for excellence in demonstrating superior manufacturing techniques.
Here Are Some of the Top Pursuit Models
Pursuit Center Consoles
• Center Console CC 260
• Center Console CC 238
Pursuit Dual Consoles
• Dual Console DC 365
• Dual Console DC 326
• Dual Console DC 295
• Dual Console DC 266
• Dual Console DC 235
• Offshore OS 385
• Offshore OS 355
• Offshore OS 325
• Sport S 428
• Sport S 378
• Sport S 328
• Sport S 288
• Sport S 268