In 1842, Pietro Riva began crafting vessels in Sarnico, Italy on renowned Iseo Lake. In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, Riva built fishing boats, steamboats and racing boats. Riva became popular with the international jet set. Owning a Riva became a distinctive mark of style and elegance. In the 1970s, production of fibreglass hulls began in addition to classical mahogany models. In 2000, Riva entered the Ferretti Group. The brand has been telling a success story consisting of continuous balance between tradition and innovation. With a super yacht division, Riva’s models range from 27 to 164 feet.
Allied Marine is the exclusive dealer for Riva yachts on the east coast and sells more new and used Riva yachts than any other dealer. Call 954.529.0213 today to speak to a Riva Specialist and to receive information about all the Riva yachts for sale in today’s market.
Going back to the beginning, the opening of the Sarnico shipyard in 1842 on Lake Iseo (in the area of Franciacorta) marked the beginning of Riva’s long history. From the construction of legendary wooden hulls all the way to today’s yachts for sale. The heart of the boatyard is the office of Mr. Carlo Riva, who personally designed it with a special care for functionality. Called "la Plancia" (helm Station), this office is located in the middle of the shed’s large dome and features a 40 meter wide arcade supported by two pillars, which also sustain two bridge cranes. Each of the cranes are capable of lifting boats weighing over 20 tons.
The innovative, futuristic architecture of la Plancia, which is visible from as far as the opposite side of the lake does not go unseen and still represents an impressive example of modern architecture. The office protected and the entire boatyard is a protected site by the Superintendence for Cultural Heritage.
The boatyard extends over an area of 36,000 square meters, 17,000 of which are sheltered, and can rely on 10 available mooring berths, 2 jib cranes, 4 painting booths, and a 50-ton capacity trailer used to move finished yachts to the quays and for the handling of shells and large components.
In 2014, Riva launched a new line of yachts for sale that are fully customized steel and aluminium boats, ranging from 50 to 100 meters long, known as the Riva Superyachts Division. Riva yachts up to 21 metres are made at the historic Sarnico shipyard on Lake Iseo. The largest boats are made at the La Spezia shipyard. The fully custom division is manufactured at the Ancona shipyard.
The La Spezia production center plays a strategic role from an industrial, social, and environmental perspective. Built with the objective of widening the range while preserving the brand's traditions, this boatyard was opened in 2004 and is now the most important technical, logistics, and commercial center for all of Ferretti Group. The production center provides access to both the Ligurian and Tyrrhenian Seas. Conceived to apply state-of-the art production technologies and systems, the boatyard covers a total area of more than 60,000 square meters, almost 13,000 of which are sheltered, and includes industrial sheds, office buildings, piers and pontoons extending over 400 meters overall, served by a 300-tons capacity travel lift. This modern plant, where the largest models are built, is also the leading center for the testing, launching and delivery of the Group’s yachts. Customer care and marina services for all Group brands are also managed at this shipyard.